What is your idea of the perfect nanny? What would she be like? What kind of qualities would she have?
For me, that nanny would:
• Speak three languages--Mandarin, Spanish and English.
• Be creative, patient, mature, relaible and fun.
• Have lots of experience as a nanny and possibly have some camp counselor experience.
• Be super flexible with our schedule.
• Follow our family rules to the T.
• Stay with my family for all the years that I would need her to.
In a perfect world, I would love for her to even read my mind when it came to my children.
We all want the best nanny possible, but we first have to know what it is that we are looking for in that person. What are the essential qualities that we are seeking?
There are many key personality traits that I seek in every caregiver, but my top four are:
1. She has to LOVE children. You can feel that she genuinely enjoys being around them. Anyone can teach kids the house rules and how to behave, but the key is to find a nanny who is truly joyful working with children. This quality is priceless.
2. She must engage in your child’s life. She shows interest in the child's development. She offers suggestions on a new toy, finds a new class at the library, and comes up with a new healthy snack.
3. She is completely reliable.
4. She is a good communicator. (This is a quality you can get a feel for while setting up the interview and even during the interview. Something as simple as communicating that she is running 5 minutes late would leave you a totally different impression of her than her not communicating at all.)
Which are the TOP 4 qualities you look in a nanny? Share with us!